Change in Address of Company
Companies are required to shift their registered office either within the same state or to some other state as a strategic move or shifting of business place. The intimation is required to be sent to the registrar of companies for any such change in the registered office within the specified time limit. Shifting of registered office within state is a quick process and does not require any approval, however change of registered office to some other state is time taking process and require liasoning with government department.
We at TaxMuneem take care of all your needs by providing personal supervision to compile forms and correspondence with department.
Any Government Fees or Charges Payable
Courier Charges for sending the filed forms at your address
Any other service included in package
Fresh Application fees if the original application is rejected
Cost levied by registrar
Cost of advertisement in newspaper
Copy of Memorandum of Association
Copy of Special Resolution sanctioning Alteration
Copy of Minutes of the General Meeting authorising such alteration
Board Resolution\ Power of Attorney
Declaration by Directors about no retrenchment of the Employees
Copy of News advertisement for shifting the registered office
List of Creditors and Debenture Holders
Copy of Objections (If any)
Proof of Service of application to the Registrar, Chief Secretary of the State, SEBI or any other regulatory authority.
Any other information required.
2-3 days for shifting of registered office within state
2-3 months for shifting of registered office outside state.
A Registered Office is an official address of the company to which all official letters, notices and reminders are sent by any person, any government, non-government or regulatory body.
Section 12 of the Companies Act 2013 deals with the provisions relating to the Registered Office of the Company.
The change in the registered office of the company shall be required in case of change of the principal place of business. The change in principal place of business can be either in the same state or to some different state.
The procedure for change of registered office from one state to another shall be as follows: –
- Convening a Board Meeting for the purpose of calling General Meeting of the Company.
- Passing of a Special Resolution for approving the change of registered office from one state to another.
- Application of the Central Government shall be required for getting the approval.
- Alteration of the Memorandum of Association shall also be required.
- The Registrar of the state in which the new office will be situated, shall upon his satisfaction, issue a new fresh Certificate of Incorporation.
The procedure for the change of the registered office from one jurisdiction to another within the same state shall be as follows:-
- A change of the registered office from one jurisdiction to another does not involves any alteration in the Memorandum of Association since the Location Clause merely provides the state in which the registered office is situated.
- Special resolution shall be required to be passed as in the case of change from one state to another.
- Confirmation of the Regional Director shall also be required in case of the change in the jurisdiction.
- The Regional Director shall confirm the registration within 30 days from the date of filing the confirmation request.
If any default is made in complying with the requirements of this section, the company and every officer who is in default shall be liable to a penalty of Rs. 1000/- for every day during which the default continues but not exceeding Rs. 1,00,000/-.