REGISTER FOR EMPLOYEE STATE INSURANCE (ESI)
ESI (Employee State Insurance) is a scheme whereby the employee (workers) and employer contribute towards the social security and health insurance scheme for employees (workers). Under this scheme wide range of medical, monetary and other benefits are offered to an employee (workers). The ESI scheme is governed by ESI Act of 1948.
Registration under this scheme is required by every employer being company/firm/Individual who employs 10 or more workers in his establishment (limit is 20 employees in some states/UTs). The total contribution under this scheme is 6.5% of salary of worker (both employee and employer contribution).
We at TaxMuneem offers a variety of services like Company and LLP Registration, GST Registration and Return Filings, trademark filing and more. TaxMuneem helps you obtain ESI registration in 3 working days, subject to time taken for approval by the government department and client documents submission. We assure to provide hassel and error free service at your desk in minimum time.
Applicable Government Fee for ESI Registration
Copy of Incorporation Document (like partnership deed/MOA and COI)
Relevant Extracts of Books of Accounts
Shops & Establishment Registration Certificate/Factory License.
Directors/Partners /owners details along with their residential addresses
Copy of PAN of Firm/Company/Proprietor
Copy of PAN and Aadhaar of Director/Partner/Proprietor.
Documents of Employees.
Other details and documents as required.
1 day to gather necessary documents
2 days to prepare necessary details and upload information.
5-6 working days for Government Processing Time.
ESI registration is required when a entity/organization employs 10 or more employees in his establishment (20 or more in some states/UTs).
Employees earning gross salary of Rs.21,000/- or less are covered under the ESI Act.
Employer contribution is 4.75% of salary paid/payable to worker (employee). Employee contribution is 1.75% of salary.
Major benefits are offered by ESIC with support of its large network of branch offices, dispensaries, and hospitals located all across India. However, major benefits to the contributing employees cover the following:
- 70% of the salary shall be paid if the employee is suffering from Sickness in case such sickness is lasting for a maximum of 91 days in any year.
- Employee satisfaction and job security.
- Reduced medical expenses of employer towards employees.
- Medical benefits and facilities to the employee and his/her family at negligible rates.
- Maternity benefit to pregnant woman employees in form of paid leaves for 3 months.
- 90% of the salary shall be paid to the dependents every month in case of death of an employee caused by any occupational hazard.
- 90% of the monthly salary of the employee shall be paid in case of disability.
- Funeral expenses compensation, physical rehabilitation, vocational rehabilitation, old age medical care are some of the benefits received from ESIC
Half yearly returns within 42 days from the end of half year i.e. 12 november for April to September and 12th May for October to March.
Due date of deposit of ESI contribution is 15th of following month with no grace period.